Braes High Pupil Support Department aims to provide support for pupils who, for a variety of reasons, are experiencing difficulties coping with mainstream education. These difficulties may be associated with their ability to learn - eg difficulties of a dyslexic nature or may be social, emotional and/or behavioural.
The Pupil Support Department:
• offers proactive and co-ordinated support to pupils presenting significant barriers to learning
• contributes to the wider whole-school support system for individuals and groups of pupils
• works with external agencies and Parent/Carers in meeting the needs of individuals and groups
• provides individualised packages of support that address areas of difficulty to enable progress in mainstream education
• contributes to wider school supports, including groupwork, whole class support and staff consultation
• leads the school's Nurture programme through the Best of You Base
• works with the Pastoral Team and external agencies to develop a holistic approach to support learning
• collaborates with primary and Inclusion and Wellbeing Service colleagues to support transitions
Any pupil with significant additional support needs (ASN) will be allocated a Key Teacher from the Pupil Support Department who will take responsibility for co-ordinating the support plans for that young person, in partnership with the House Team. Parent/Carer involvement will be a major feature of any plans.
Further detail on our supports can be found in our Pupil Support Handbook or by contacting Janine White, Faculty Head of Pupil Support (firstname.lastname@example.org).